Winebrenner Theological Seminary was established in 1942 as a graduate school of divinity of Findlay College (renamed The University of Findlay in 1989). In 1961, Winebrenner received its charter from the State of Ohio, to become an independent, degree-granting institution.
Winebrenner is a fully accredited institution. It is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada, and by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA). Winebrenner is chartered by the State of Ohio and has received a Certificate of Authorization from the Ohio Department of Higher Education.
Commission on Accrediting of The Association of Theological Schools
10 Summit Park Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15275-1103
Approved degrees: Doctor of Ministry, Master of Divinity, Master of Arts in Practical Theology, and Master of Arts in Clinical Counseling.
Winebrenner is approved for a Comprehensive Distance Education Program by the Association of Theological Schools.
Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604
Ohio Department of Higher Education
25 South Front Street
Columbus, OH 43215
National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA)
3005 Center Green Drive, Suite 130
Boulder CO 80301
Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
1001 North Fairfax Street, Suite 510
Alexandria, VA 22314
Non-Immigrant Alien Students:
Winebrenner Theological Seminary is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students.
Unduplicated Headcount for the Most Recent Full Academic Year: 103 (AY 2017-2018)
Teacher/Student Ratio: 1:6
Diversity of Student Body:
Currently, Winebrenner’s student body is comprised of students representing 22 different denominations and faith communities.
Percent of student body enrolled in each degree program:
Master of Divinity = 13%
Master of Arts in Practical Theology = 15%
Master of Arts in Clinical Counseling = 17%
Doctor of Ministry = 4%
Institute of Christian Studies=51%
Built in 2003, the Winebrenner building is owned and operated by the University of Findlay. Winebrenner Theological Seminary leases office and classroom space.
Winebrenner is a member of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability.