Winebrenner Theological Seminary was established in 1942 as a graduate school of divinity of Findlay College (renamed The University of Findlay in 1989). In 1961, Winebrenner received its charter from the State of Ohio, to become an independent, degree-granting institution.
Diploma in Christian Ministry through Winebrenner’s Institute for Christian Studies
Winebrenner had 167 students in the 2019-2020 academic year. Sixty-five of these students were registered in graduate or doctoral programs. The remaining 102 were in non-graduate diploma programs, some of which take place in contextualized settings.
Typically, Winebrenner has over 20 denominations represented in the student body made up equally of men and women.
Winebrenner is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) and by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). Programmatic accreditation is held through the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Other Related Educational Programs (CACREP). Winebrenner is chartered by the State of Ohio and has received a Certificate of Authorization from the Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE). Winebrenner is a participant in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA). For more information, head to our accreditation page.
Winebrenner is a member of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability.