Winebrenner Theological Seminary was established in 1942 as a graduate school of theology of Findlay College renamed The University of Findlay in 1989. In 1961, Winebrenner received its charter from the State of Ohio, to become an independent, degree-granting institution.
Winebrenner was founded by the Churches of God, General Conference (CGGC), an evangelical denomination headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The Seminary derives its name from the founder of the denomination, John Winebrenner, who established the group in 1825 in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
Winebrenner continues to serve the CGGC as its sole seminary as well as students from diverse denominational backgrounds.
Dr. Brent C. Sleasman, 2015 – present
Dr. David E. Draper, 1988 – 2015
Dr. George Weaver, 1977 – 1988
Dr. William T. Jackson, 1972 – 1977
Dr. Emil Holzhauser, 1970-1972
Dr. Richard Kern, 1963 – 1970
Dr. Gale Ritz, 1961 – 1963